Goodbye 2019!

Tuesday 31 December 2019

Jinja, Source of Nile, Uganda

2019 you were a tough but a much needed defining year for me . 

You are the building of the steady foundation for what is to come. 

You have assured me that I am ready to take many adulting steps in the next few years. 

2009 to 2019, you've been a monumental decade for me too!

The last ten years have taught me about people,
 and the importance of all the different types of relationships in my life.

Life has really engaged and challenged me.

This decade made me realize that my parents were my first loves,
and theirs was the only approval that I ever needed.

I am extremely grateful that I was there near the end of their lives
And that I got to take care of them, 
and show them how much I love and cherish them always. 

My siblings will continue to be my biggest supporters and critics,
Those bonds can't be broken.  

My friendships require  just as much work as any relationship.
Where would I be without the ladies that make me a better woman? 

Career-wise, I have worked hard, courtesy of my parent's teachings,
I remember my dad accusing me of being a workaholic once,
And I cheekily told him, " I learnt it from you".
As much I have worked,
I find joy in building my skill set.

I can't say it enough on this blog but I love creating. 

This decade I have made videos, taken photos, blogged and painted!
Activities I thought would be banished to my childhood forever. 

God has been persistently reminding me not to be a Debby Downer, I must thrive fantastically too. 

This year I lost my beloved Dad 
and the way my colleagues and friends rallied around me and my siblings,
left me speechless,
I was surprised and touched by their support.

People...
this decade was about me navigating and appreciating people and relationships

I need my people.

Even though sometimes I want to hide in a forest as a hermit,
and avoid all interactions...

I need my people.

But also... 

my people need me.

So goodbye 2019 

Here's to 2020!!






1 comment

  1. What a nice read Maria. It depicts your super writing skills!

    ReplyDelete