In 2020 Affirm Yourself!

Tuesday 25 February 2020



Hi!

My name is Maria, and I attract bullies.

Or rather I allow bullies in my space,
both physically, mentally
and yes and even digitally too.

 I am admitting on this blog
 that I play my part in
bringing toxic relationships into my life.

But no more.

I cannot bow my head and sit quietly.
In 2020, I realize I have put in the work.
I have slogged to get here,
and a reward for myself is being done.
So....no more.
This chick is done!
You know when you just know?
Well I more than just know.

My healthy boundaries are up.
Not everyone will have access to my space.
I will respect others' spaces as well.

One self-care activity I will do this year,
is affirm myself positively.
I am tired of the negative conversations in my head,
there is a bully living inside me too.

I have said some-not-so -nice things to myself.
But this is being left at the foot of 2019.

In 2020 all internal dialogue will be mature and positive.

I am already working on my  Louise L Hay affirmations as I write this:
"Life loves me."
"It's only a thought and a thought can be changed!"
"It is safe to look within."
"Deep at the center of  my being is an infinite well of love."
"I am love and I am at peace."

I used to think affirmations were such an odd thing.
How could being a friend to yourself be a priority?
And where is the time to do it?
But simple things can be such great blessings.
Especially when life is tough.

If you would like to also positively affirm yourself click here  for more affirmations.
Feel free to share some of your favorites in the comment section .


Photo credits : Unsplash

Post a Comment