'Tis the season again...

Tuesday 17 December 2019



End of the year again.
Here we are.

This was really Dad's holiday.
Mum's death anniversary also falls in the month of December.
She was all about that well decorated Christmas tree.
He was all about the festivities.
This is the first of many without them both forever.

I wonder if we will keep their Christmas traditions alive...
I wonder if we will be able to stick together...

A sense of quiet follows me around this year.
I am solemn, reflective and numb at the same time.
Also...
I feel tired.
But we all know that's not new.  

I am looking forward to simple things this month like, 
 driving through the empty roads & and streets of Kampala, 
 singing hymns at mass,
hearing the nativity of Christ again,
 staying in bed longer,
watching my nieces and nephews dance around the Christmas tree,
and laughing with my siblings and their partners.

Simple things will make the season for me, and for us.

Merry Christmas, and thanks for dropping by.
What simple things are you looking forward to this season?



Post a Comment