Taking Stock : Our Second Christmas in the midst of the COVID 19 pandemic

Friday 24 December 2021

 


MAKING: Time for family before I leave Uganda. I am cooking with my nieces and nephews. We are slowly getting used to each other again, and creating our routine . Tis the season! I am banishing the bad and the worry for the rest of the year. No...nope... they are not welcome here. Four days ago, I started my new job;  I was going to get on a plane and go spend Christmas in a new country, probably on quarantine in a lonely hotel room, but the pandemic had other plans; There is a new Omicron variant and like the super bug that COVID 19 is, it is spreading fasting than the Delta variant. I have been granted the opportunity to work remotely till January. Now I guess we wait and see how this latest wave will treat us...so I am here. 

DRINKING: water, peppermint tea,  home-made dawa tea... I am just trying to keep myself hydrated in this sticky stifling Kampala heat.... also ginger works amazing wonders on my hay fever allergies! 


WATCHING: The Smart Money Lady, Start Up, Mystic Pop Up Bar and The King's Affection. Dear Netflix,  I apologize for not appreciating you until now.

LISTENING: Christmas Carols!!! What else would we be listening to this time of year? "Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight, Santa cutie, and fill my stocking with a duplex and checks..."




WISHING: No wishes, just being present this month and blocking the triggers of stress.  

LOVING: My new matching fancy pajama suits that I will be rocking for 2022 < insert that awkward red dressed dance emoji... >

EATING: No favorites at the moment. 

KNOWING: I am still learning that I can't fix everything for family members...no matter how much I want too. It's a whole process this learning thing. I remain committed. 

THINKING: Officially starting my masters degree in January. Wow. I am actually going to do this!? I am not going to procrastinate any more.... eh.  Dear Mum, I finally enrolled!

GIGGLING OVER: On Selling Tampa the ladies look professional but they didn't capture much of the listed houses being sold, yet on Selling Sunset it's all about the personalities, the fashions and the office clashes but the houses are selling. Atleast they show us that 'sold' clip more often. Can someone tell me why? For the record I enjoyed both shows. 

In the comments share what you are taking stock of.... 
It's nearly the end of 2021...can you believe it?!

photo credit: Unsplash



Post a Comment