Dear Dad - About Outgrowing Things

Sunday 24 October 2021

 


Dear Dad, 

It's Sunday afternoon, the grass has just been cut. 

Thanks to Paul the compound is neat and tidy just the way you used to like it. 

The mid morning sunlight is flirting with me through the kitchen windows of the house. 

It is playing with the gentle breeze and leaves of the flower bush outside 
making the faint shadows dance and leap across the chairs, table and walls.

A perfect  time for me to reflect , type and share my thoughts and recent adventures with you.

Remember when I wrote to tell you I was changing.

Then, I thought it was limited to personal areas of my life,
However it has quietly and willfully seeped through into others. 

At first I fought it.
I felt it was best.   
But now every cell in my body wants the change too. 

I can no longer to be meek and fit boxes that make people comfortable. 

I have outgrown playing small and pleasant. 

I have outgrown hiding the 'intimidating' parts of my personality.

I can't cower in the corner so as not to trigger someone's insecurities.  

I can't be afraid. 

I have outgrown the masks and the covers made to camouflage myself. 

It is the end of 'a while'.  

This is a woman who will manage successful campaigns and programs.
A woman who will create a viable, beloved and credible award winning blog/brand that people enjoy. 
A woman who will build some houses and bequeath her children an estate. 
A woman who gets married and becomes a mother of two (or four if you listen to bae
A woman who will continue to travel the world and 
visit historical sites she dreamed of as a child.
A woman who gets multiple masters and credentials that build on her passions
A woman who will paint and create art that sells. 
A woman that continues to tell wonderful and impactful stories.

God always told me that at my core I am a storyteller 

Do I want to write some books ?
Yes I suppose I do! 
It is a given since my legacy will include a library.

I want to do this before I die Dad. 
Before they dress my lifeless embalmed body in a colorful Gomesi.
Before my family members say their last goodbye,
 lock it in a fancy coffin
lower it into the ground
and seal it with concrete. 


Stay well, I'll be writing again soon. 

My love always.

Dear Reader,
What have you outgrown in this season of your life ?
Did you embrace the change?
Did you make a vision board this year?
What areas did you focus on?
Share in the comments, would love to hear from you.


Post a Comment