Goodbye Muse!

Thursday 28 November 2019




I created a video. 😀😀😀

I created a whole 6 minute video 

6.59 minutes to be exact.

My boss asked me too...

My boss asked me to help someone out!?!

Me!....Me!? Me with my mobile phone. 😃😃😃

I was surprised and frightened at first.

Yet the word "okay"  slipped out my mouth, 
and responded to her request before I could stop it. 

Then reckless adrenaline induced panic set in, 
making my mouth dry,
and pins and needles in my fingers and toes 
for the rest of the morning. 

Next day we started.
Me and the subject looked for a location.
Natural light is always best for mobile phone filming.
But we only had  five hours...
If we filmed outside...
center of town traffic would have ruined our sound
So some bad lighting choices were made, 
we found an empty conference room.
The blinds refused to open,
used the room lighting instead.
Sadly, it's the type of lighting that 
strips the warmth out of black people's skin,
Leaving an unflattering grayish tint. 
What could I do though?
I am still an amateur mobile storyteller,
who had a five hour deadline. 


Set up the tripod
Framed my shot,
using the rule of threes.
Checked the sound.

And 1 hour later we had interview footage! 

Then pushing the discouraging anxiety monsters aside, 
I sat in my office corner,
and clocked in some serious hours on Kinemaster

Many discussions later,
after several back and forths. 

I reluctantly sent the email 
with the final project attached.

She uploads it on to You Tube, 
and Voila!
We are done. 

It is out of my hands.

It is  very far from perfect but I still love it.

I see ALL my limitations and mistakes.

But it's okay because I finished a whole project!

I didn't wait for inspiration. 

I didn't wait for the call of the muse.

I just did it!!!


 I have decided to make more videos.

I will also be drawing, writing and painting more.

Point is ....I will keep creating. 

I am sorry my dear Muse,
I hope you'll forgive me. 

But I have learnt from Ira Glass  that consistency is important ,
So I am throwing our co-dependent relationship out the window. 

Muse, you are part of the process, 
but now you will no longer be the trigger.

And for you dear reader,  
before you go venture off to other parts of the internet,
 watch this video...


Also watch this one by  Evelyn From the Internets too...


Post a Comment