The Journey to Mindfulness: Say NO to your worried thoughts

Sunday 29 September 2024





I am a creative person, which means my imagination muscle is strong. Unfortunately, this also means I am extremely talented at catastrophizing.

For the last 40 days, I have made time for a 10-minute Headspace activity every morning after breakfast. During one of the sessions, the instructor assigned a little task for the day, an 'awareness check-in'.

As simple a task as this is, it was really insightful and habit-changing. Checking in with myself throughout the day made me realize how much I let my thoughts run the mental show, leading to background anxiety and feelings of hopelessness.

"Why?" I asked myself, "Nothing is happening except in my head." 

So I have been experimenting with quietly saying 'NO'. This reminds me to be fully present, and to let go of trying to control things that are out of my control.

Just a simple NO.




Post a Comment