Products I'm loving - Skin & Hair care update August 2023

Tuesday 8 August 2023

 


 I have been enjoying some hair care and skin care products and thought I should share...

  1. Olaplex no. 3 Hair Perfector  and no. 9 Bond Protector Nourishing Hair Serum. By the end of 2022, the ends of my hair were long and messy. Despite a largely no heat year, I had split ends for days!!! In July I jumped on the bond repairing bandwagon. I will try and share results at the end of the year. 
  2. Yves Roche Italia body washes, Mango and Coriander and  Pomegranate and Pink Pepper. The scents and suds are refreshing at the end of  my work day. 
  3. Laniege Lip Sleeping Mask     I totally understand the hype, this product is worth every euro. I know it looks like  a small container but I bought it in May and its now August. We are still together...lol. I think I will be using it up until October before I buy a second one. My lips are now soft and supple. It is worth it in my humble opinion.
  4. The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution. I used this to help with my inflamed flaky itchy scalp in June, and now after  Tik Tok consultations I use it on my body to help with anything that it can. My scalp is flake free, my heels are summer-ready and those ingrown hairs on other parts of my body don't stand a chance with this new weekly routine. It will be a must-have in my home moving forward. 
  5. The Ordinary Sulphate 4% Shampoo and Behentrimonium Chloride 2% Conditioner , I was one of those people that thought I had to buy products specially targeting black people. I would buy products that do too much. But I have been listening to the Blowout Professor. Stay away from products that promise a lot. This duo works sooooo well for me, I am surprised and reformed. There are no gimmicks. It simply does what it says on  the bottle. My dandruff prone scalp is happy. 
  6. Patchology Posh Peel Pedi Cure, My feet looked terrible, dry heels and white peeling skin across the edges and in-between my toes. No matter  how much I soaked and scrubbed I couldn't fix it. I couldn't wear sandals, it was too ugly. I was in Sephora and decided to try this . Within a week I had a new layer of skin and four months later we are still looking better than 2022. I plan to do another one later on in the year. 
  7. Lush Renee's Souffle Hair and Scalp Oil, I didn't  know Lush could make such products. I didn't know I was included in their target demographic. I didn't know they could make a product that closely resembles what I would buy in my home country. I love it! It smells sooo good.
  8. Sephora Purifying Scalp Serum AHA + Zinc and the Hydrating Scalp Serum with Hyaluronic Acid, I am no longer putting oil directly on my scalp because You Tube says I should starve the thirsty entitled dandruff causing bacteria that lives on my head rent free. These two serums help me to not pat my scalp incessantly in-between weekly washes. 
  9. Sephora Coconut Foot Mask  If you are prone to dry feet like me, using this mask once every two weeks is a good self pamper session. 
  10. Patchology Restoring Night Eye Gels, My undereye areas  looked pump, young and cute when I tried these for a week despite a lack of sleep then. 
  11. This is a beauty product but worth a mention none the less, Huda Beauty Matte Lipstick Drama Mama, I adore this shade! I bought this at the airport in Rome and it has quickly become my daily-go-to. 
They have really made a difference in my life as I settle into my new home. 

Spending ten minutes in a Sephora store really helps lower my anxiety lol....

In the comments, are you using anything new in your self care routine? Do share.

(Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, These products have worked for me but they may not work for you. Always seek professional advice if you intend  to use any of them) 

Post a Comment