Taking Stock: July 2021 - Pink Cocktails During Lockdown Number Two

Sunday 11 July 2021


MAKING: Day 234,675 of the 42 day lockdown in Uganda, and I am using  my free time outside work to get the creative juices going. I have started painting again. Inspired by Minnie Small's tiny house painting series I am making some of my own mini master pieces.  

DRINKING: Well let's just say I make my own cocktails  and drink at home. A new habit of  lockdown.... Gordon's Premium Pink Distilled Gin is a staple. 

READING: I am re-reading Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and Question for Ada by Ijeoma Umebinyuo because I want to write about them on the blog. 

PLAYING: A lot of lofi beat mixes while working  at home. My favorite three so far are Rooftop Dreams, Let your mind drift and Deep Within The Forest  

WISHING: We are in our second lockdown,  a measure that had to be taken, deaths are being reported on a daily basis both publicly and privately.  I don't know about you, but I find myself often having wishful -thoughts about pre-pandemic life. And yes, I know that's unlikely to happen. More and more online articles and journals confirm that such measures save lives, but make us vulnerable to mental health issues ...like  these two: BBC's COVID: Lockdown had 'major impact' on mental health and The good, the bad and the ugly of lockdowns during Covid 19.


EATING: disciplined and healthy again. Lockdowns make me do that. I make salads and get happy. I am not sure who I am anymore. 

NEEDING: To start reading properly again. My unread books are gathering dust. 

WEARING: Pyjamas all day every day!

KNOWING: Burnout is real and not a temporary thing which can be cured by a villa -with-a-beachfront vacation. One  needs a self care long term treatment plan and a permanent change in lifestyle and daily habits to recover.  I keep saying we really need to discuss this more and raise thoughtful awareness amongst the active workforce. The judgement from the baby boomer generation  needs to be addressed too. Two weeks ago, I watched  Donna''s You Tube video on content creators and now  I am inspired to write another  post about my experience. The first post is  here, in case you'd like to read it.

THINKING: Not sharing here. 

GIGGLING OVER: The fact that my Purito Vitamin C serum is in the fridge. I want it to laaaaast. I need to get my money's worth!  I have become one of those women tehehehehehe. Are you a Korean skincare addict too? Do share your experience below. Thank you dh beauty for the deliveries and great customer service . 


 



Post a Comment