Twelve COVID-19 Lockdown Personal Revelations & Epiphanies!

Monday 10 May 2021



The 2020 lockdowns really taught us all about ourselves. 
I know I learnt some interesting things which I haven't had time to write about till now.
Twelve amusing revelations and epiphanies to be exact...

Number One: I used to be one of those people who couldn't work at home,
I needed to be at my desk, and would even go into office on weekends
 to add those five essential lines to an urgent report.
 As of now, I don't know how to work in an office setting anymore....
It soooo easy for me to be productive in my coral coloured pyjamas.

Number Two: I miss wearing make up.
I miss wearing lipstick.
Makeup makes me feel confident,
and ready to take on the world!
I want to knock down some patriarchal walls when my face is all pretty and beat.
Masks, though extremely necessary,
 have messed up my lipstick game...
I had to throw away one of my eyeshadow palettes.
It had mold on it...can you imagine!?
But I will not be out interacting without a mask in a pandemic.

Number Three: I need new pillows because good sleep is paramount. 
Buying a mattress is an investment.
Good sleep positively contributes to so many areas of your life.
I will cheat myself no more.  

Number Four: Before the pandemoniumI didn't have enough chill-at-home clothes.
I had office outfits, field work stuff and weekend dresses.
I spent hardly any time relaxing in my diggings, 
This girl was always on the move somewhere.
COVID 19 Pandora put a red light on all that.
I have started buying cute-chill-at-home clothes that 
can pass for the weekend outfits as well.
Basically multitasking clothes that still look fly..

Number Five: In this COVID-lives-on-all-surfaces-for-weeks-pandemic,
 how do you know when an avocado 
or paw paw is ripe without touching?
I have made friends with my market lady. 
she knows what I am looking for now.
I don't touch much at the market.

Number Six: Why is it not mandatory to have neighborhood
butcheries that deliver? I need one.

Number Seven: My local supermarket had neglected itself before the lockdown.
Biscuits were expired or nibbled on my mice.
Ice cream had been in the freezer for three years.
Customer assistants questioned why you've bothered to enter
It was too dark and gloomy in there.. 
Now, they have fresh apples and oranges...
Customer assistants greet and offer help. 
The store is well lit, well stocked and busying with locals.
Lockdown helped local groceries and shops bloom. 

Number Eight: God help you if you come for a well spoken knowledgeable 
African feminist on twitter. 
They will confound you with your limp spirit of ignorance. 
 All your edges all of them gone!
I had time to watch people get dragged online.
Kicking and screaming. 

Number Nine: Avocado is STILL the best thing to happen to sandwiches 
since I don't know when...

Number Ten: I need to create a home for myself. Like a pretty, 
welcoming, safe space with pink velvet  décor.... 

Number Eleven: I eat healthy now. 
Regular self check-ins happen on a weekly basis, so I  stay disciplined. 
Balanced diet, fruits and vegetables are soooo important! 

Number  Twelve: I missed my family, friends and colleagues! 
My heart missed my people. 
Always cherishing my time with them now. 
I will wait until we all get tired and annoyed with each other again...lol. 

What did you learn about yourself? 
Comment below. 

Post a Comment