May, Myself and I - A Creativity Prompt By Carrie Hope Fletcher

Monday 27 May 2019


I was inspired by this Carrie Hope Fletcher's You Tube Video. I hope to one day be as endearing  yet succinct when I converse with people.

 Every time I watch her videos, I feel like she's an old friend sitting down to have a good honest sincere chat with me about life and things...

So she came up with a list of prompts for content creation in May, and I wanted to join and make something....not  a video but maybe some blog posts..right? I am late to the party though.... as its already 27th  May. So I decided I would just write a line for each word prompt and make it all one loooooong random blog post. 

So here you go, here's to the month of  May!

Running: 
I really don't know how people can keep up a daily running schedule without getting bored. I commend you if you are one of those people.  I need that kind of commitment to exercise in  my life. Share your secrets with  us , we get bored of the same exercise after just two months...smh

Stars: 
I never got the chance to study astronomy in school, and  I feel like I missed out. Seems I have been living in this bubble that consists only of earth. I hope to change this soon & learn more about our galaxy & universe. As much information as is available I guess...

Doughnut: 
Jam filled doughnuts heated in the micro wave for 10 seconds can cure a negative thought spiral. Trust me on this.

Red lips:
 The right red lipstick can do wonders for your confidence.
My newest color is called Milani's 'amour' mwaaaaa!

Eggs: 
Scrambled eggs with butter and milk is they the best way to go

Weight: 
It's funny how people  who don't usually talk to you,
feel the sudden urge to speak to you when you gain weight...
Almost like you have done something illegal...

Salty:
 Listen to Be Careful by Cardi B

Pranking: 
Last time I saw a good prank I was a child. 

Umbrella:
I always have one in my bag, a habit I picked up from all my years in England.

Bodies:
 Listen to Unpretty by TLC

Sunflowers:
These yellow things always cheer me up when I go upcountry.

Storms:
"Power is not given to you, You have to take it." ~ Beyonce

Little:
Sometimes people treat me like I don't matter, then I look in the mirror and remember I am a full grown woman, and I know that I must  be prepared to  use my voice when necessary.

Curtains:
I love a good musical. Why curtains reminded me of that I don't know!?!

Black & White:
  Go watch the movie Pleasantville staring Reese Witherspoon and Toby Magwire .

Conscious:
Lately, my anxiety tends to  leave me lost in a tornado of thoughts.
I say a tornado because I feel like I have no control.
I am still finding my way...

Luck:
 Is it luck, or is it fate? Sometimes I am never quite so sure.

Sparkle:
 Everybody needs a cup that has sparkle on it, to remind  them that  their inner light can never be dimmed...or maybe  just to enjoy staring at shinny things...

Myself:
"I am gonna keep running cause a winner don't quit on themselves." ~ Beyonce

Mundane:
Lord knows my body fights against  the Mundane by refusing to get up on time...lol..

Space:
So I was advised recently to get my own space, and the truth is I do need too.
So I am hunting for my own space.
If I am honest  I would like a new beginning.
 I am ready to move on...

Bloom:
 Where ever one is planted. learning to survive and thrive is important in this life.

Kindness:
Something that we all need yet some people think it's a weakness

Letters:
My mum loved to write letters, she would sit on the dinning table in the afternoon with her notepad and write. I loved to stick the stamps on the envelopes when she was done.

Moon:
In some places when a women's period has started,
they say the 'Moon' has come...how interesting is that?

Jekyll & Hyde:
 Some people are actually a slightly toned version of this in our workplaces. Jesus Mary and Joseph help us.

Circles:
Go listen to Circles- Tamar Braxton

Chaos:
As Little finger said on Game Of Thrones, "chaos is a ladder."

Praise:
"Praise him Praaaise him, Praaaaaaaaaaise him in morning, Praaaaaaise him in the evening Praise him Praise him. Praise him when the sun goes down"~ Every Mum and Aunty I know loves to sing this hymn while looking round the house for work they are going give me to do....

Apologies:
Some people love to receive these, and yet are terrible at giving them. The irony!?!

Hope:
I sometimes curse my self for having hope that even in the most darkest ,most hopeless moments in my life will stubbornly flicker.... maybe i shall write a little blog post about this....maybe not...


Alright...I guess that's all...until the next post. 



Post a Comment