Fitness Update #7 - No alcohol for 60 days

Thursday 22 August 2024

 





From 20th February to 29th April 2023  I didn't let a single drip of alcohol enter my body.  

Due to the pandemic and the 'stay home' preventative measures, I humbly admit that my drinking was quite a bit more frequent than it needed to be.

I am a cocktails girlie at heart🍹

But watching multiple You Tube creators share how alcohol was super-charging their anxiety I realized that I wanted join this new movement.

So I did. 

The temptation to make a homemade cocktail  at the end of the day was  reAAAAAL, most especially after a rough day  of peopling. 

The first week my body silently rebelled with heighten feelings of doom and the little devil in my ear asking me 'why? why? why?'

Twenty days in I noted something that is hard to explain but I could feel my stomach  when I started to work out, I felt my abs working again....

Secondly, after my exercises I was tired, I used to avoid cardio heavy sessions because I would be unable to sleep at night.

Thirdly I lost a little weight

 My anxiety started to be manageable. I had also started my regular headspace activities so my confidence in calling out the fear monster when it appeared increased. I am building my thought observing muscle.

 I caved into friendly peer pressure and started drinking regularly again in May 2023 and two intense anxiety attacks followed. 

I promptly stopped again. 

Now I really only drink once in while for very special occasions. 

This challenge made me realize that I spent the majority  of 2021 and 2022 in drowning in paralyzing anxious spirals.

I feel sad that I allowed this to happen. 
 
In the comments, let me know if you are on this journey too...How is it working for you? Any epiphanies?

Here  are some the videos  that I watched...

 









Post a Comment