Fitness Update #6 : 10000 steps and Protein Shakes

Saturday 17 February 2024

 



In September last year, on two days out of the seven day week,
 I started walking home from work. 

Why?

I wanted to incorporate some exercise into my routine again. 

My fitness activities became non-existent after moving to Zambia.

Fortunately, I am still committed to losing this pandemic weight, in spite of failing to do so, so far. 

It takes me one hour and thirty minutes, which if I am not mistaken is around 10,000 steps. 

I don't need to change into fitness attire because,
it's the end of the day, and I am heading home anyway. 

I hydrate throughout the day.
At least one point five liters before 5.00pm.

I get to actually notice things along the way that I wouldn't on a bus.

Like cafes and restaurants that I should try,
the location of ATMs that I have never noticed before, 
and shops with home essentials at affordable prices

When I get home I am exhausted.

(Credit: Hyperbole and half is one of my absolute favourites !!!!)

I slouch on the couch for an hour or two eating my dinner before I shower and head to bed. 

I like using LUSH After massage bar for my aching calves and feet.

And oh...the sleep... the deep sleep that follows that night 
and the next is so sweeeeeet and black that every kilometer is wooooorth it!

I judge how well I am doing by noticing at which point in the walk I start trying to talk myself into quitting and taking the bus home. When I started reaching home without the thought crossing my mind I knew I was adapting well.

This month, I added an extra day and spent two weekends barely able to function. 
I took a nap every two hours...lol.
 

So last week I upped my protein intake with a good breakfast before heading to work and a protein shake mid-morning before lunch. I snack on a fruit and crunch some carrot sticks in the afternoon before leaving office.  There are more vegetables in my main meals. 

It seems to be working cause this weekend I managed to carry out my chores without needing to recharge with a quick siesta.

I am motivated!




What about you?

What's your fitness routine looking like in 2024?


Post a Comment