Royal Family Documentaries I watched while on leave - April 2021

Monday 3 May 2021

 


The British monarchy and royal family are on everyone's lips at the moment.
Meghan and Harry's Oprah interview certainly did a number on us, just like Princess Diana's in 1995

Prince Philip's death and legacy is still churning in our minds.

It's none of our business, so as we admire the Queen's wisdom in handling family issues privately,
we will still be nosey and continue to observe from a far...  

Over my most recent leave, the You Tube algorithm got to work again 
and suggested some videos for me to watch about Asian Monarchies.

I learnt about a Crown Prince who massacred his whole immediate 
family including his father the Shah and himself in one night.  

I learnt about Kings ahead of their time, removing 
absolute rule and bringing democracy to very reluctant subjects.  

I learnt about an Emperor who may have escaped 
accountability for war crimes, simply based on his status.

I learnt about a King who was so poor he fell through 
the floor of his dilapidated palace into the sea. 

I learnt about a King who wanted to be a movie star, 
so he started directing his own movies while still being a fully active head of state. 

I learnt about Kings who were simply tokens with no real power, trapped by family heritage.

 So get comfortable on the couch with a cup of coffee/tea/juice and start watching....
Share what you've learnt with me in the comments below. 


The Magnificent History Of Bhutan's Royal Family 



Why Nepal's Prince Organized A Royal Massacre



What Happened To The Japanese Emperor After WW2



The Lavish Life Of The Sultan Of Brunei



The Wonderful History Of Cambodia's Kings






Post a Comment