Small wins in 2020

Saturday 2 January 2021


 Inspired by 'the shine app' Instagram post, I decided to share my small wins of 2020 

1. Sleep....Deep Sleep
The last few weeks of December, I experienced REAL sleep again.
Not the blue light affected anxiety filled sleep that I have been used to.
I wake up rested. Rested and rejuvenated. I no longer feel tired in the mornings. 
This may be due to my new daily  1 hour walk, 
I am not sure. 
That's the only major change I can think off... 

2. Weekend Walking 
Every weekend during lockdown, my bestie and I would walk to 
Shoprite for our weekly shop. Private cars were banned and no public transport. 
With our masks and backpacks on, armed with sanitizer, we 
were committed to our mission.
We never missed a week!

3. Engaging stories on child marriage
Planned the whole thing. Went to the school. 
Played some games with the children to get them talking
Received consent.
Filmed their interviews with their caretakers around to provide support.
Received help from the caretakers in making the translations
Edited the videos and posted them. 5 short clips. 
I did that. 

4. Surviving the lockdown in my apartment
I was living by myself during lockdown
A bed, a fridge and a desk. 
Somehow I made it through.
Regular visits from Bae and the Bestie kept me cool.

5. Eating healthy and drinking water
Of course lockdown encouraged healthy eating because 
I now had time to eat properly.... no excuses. So lots of fruits 
and vegetables, and water for hydration. 
I wrote about it here.

6. Kept going
Everyday is a new day,
so I kept moving despite everything.
We all did.
We thank God.

7. Using Headspace
 I have a free subscription through work.
Used it once and I am never looking back.
They keep the sessions short and simple, 
so you don't need to dedicate much time.
It is worth it!  

What were your small wins? Comment below. 





2 comments

  1. Indeed taking stock. I expected more on the juicing and discovering the local market near your home! It is a good read, thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! Small wins! Happy New Year!

      Delete