Dear Dad, please haunt them

Sunday 28 July 2024

 



Dear Dad, 

I wanted to write you a profound letter today. 

One with wisdom and clarity, littered with epiphanies that I have gained from the years that you've been gone.

Instead I find myself  quite conflicted while sipping my coffee mid morning on a Sunday.

I understand now. 

I used to naively judge you. 

Often I  would ease drop in quiet dismay as you berated someone on the phone

But these days I also feel like SCREEEAAaming common sense into them is the only thing left to do. 

I don't like making people feel uncomfortable. 

I like to keep the peace as you know. 

But I am tired. 

And completely over it. 

Who cares about their peace?  

I am anxious, frustrated and ready to fight if I have too. 


Help me. Please haunt them into rationality and good reasoning. 

Visit them in their dreams if you must. 

Scare the stupidity and stubbornness right out of them!

I will be cheering you on from here. 


I will write again soon. 

Your loving daughter. 






Post a Comment