Lady retires handbag

Thursday 7 March 2024

 



I bought a new handbag yesterday, for use as a weekend bag. 


My current one is old, the handle is recklessly peeling all over the place.

When its comes to bags  I am a simple practical creature.


Just two main ones, the rest are for decoration and the rare fancy occasion. 

The new bag is black, because everyone knows that goes with everything. 

Right?


As I was removing all my items from the old and shifting them to the new, I recalled being a little girl watching my mum and my aunts get ready for church or a party, my naive eyes would watch wide and dreaming of the day when I would be a fashionable-lady-with-places-to-go too. 


All the brightly colored clothes,

high heel shoes with pointy toes,

80's gaudy shiny jewelry. 

Timeless handbags,

and bold red lipstick. 


Well decades later, here I am little Maria. 

I seem to be quite happy with a total of  four bags in my life!


Hahahahahahaha. 

Isn't life funny?



Post a Comment